Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Headphones! Earphones! In-Ear Phones

Oooh Boy! I have been hunting around for some music enducing high. No sir, I am not looking into ecstacy or anything else. I am looking into Acoustic kind of high! More so after I listened to some Orchestra music from the anime Nodame Cantible. You wouldn't believe the kind of music they play in that anime. One of my favorite music in there is called Rachminov ( I think I spelled it right) The music started off with a deep resounding low bass piano key. It goes on for a few more notes and the Orchestra kicks in. I almost wet myself by this part. Thats how good it is.

After listening for a while, I realized that however good the music might be, if there is no right headphone,earphone or speaker. The sound will come out broken, distorted, or just plain wrong. I am a picky person when it comes to music and sounds. Last time when I reviewed a couple of the available speaker, I almost trashed the reviews unit and kick it out. Its not that the speaker sucks. Its more of the fact that low-end speaker maker nowadays only concentrate on making the bass as heavy as possible without regard for the treble! Walk into any Pc-Fair and they will have their speaker blaring some "La-La" music with heavy base. Ask them to turn on something with acoustic EG: Orchestra and they will mumble something about no such music.

Then there is also the idiots in car which decided that the basis of music is a really heavy bass thumping. COME ON! You are not listening to music! You are listening to someone destroying your car. Better yet. Save yourself the money and walk into a construction yard. Thats the same kind of noise you get out of your so called "music". Anyway, Enough rant. All in all what I am trying to say is this. I have a problem.. I Need a new earphone/headphone or In-Ear phone. Currently I have the Ipod In-Ear phone and Koss KSC-75 headphone. But I need something with better Treble. nicer acoustic and something I can bring out of my house with good portability.

Hence I spent my day yesterday walking around some of the more prominent shops looking for Headphone and Earphone. Boy.. Those shops don't sell cheap stuff do they? Cheapest earphone I found cost at least 1 hundred buck. So here I am again. Looking through the ever so reliable Play-Asia for any sign of good Earphone or Headphone and the result is not as good as I hope it would be. I will post what I found maybe later tomorrow.

For now though, why don't you guys tell me what Earphone, Headphone that you guys will recommend for under USD 30 and has good base and excellent Treble.

0 comments: