Thursday, April 16, 2009

Geek or Nerd?

Geek

As defined by http://dictionary.reference.com/dic?q=geek&search=search, the term Geek means

  1. A peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, esp. one who is perceived to be overly intellectual
  2. A computer expert or enthusiast (a term of pride as self-reference, but often considered offensive when used by outsiders.)
  3. A carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken.




What the fuck?

I like Nerd better, they are less offensive & better refined.

Nerd
As defined by http://dictionary.reference.com/dic?q=Nerd&search=search


  1. A stupid, irritating ineffectual or unattractive person.
  2. An intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd.

Now you may ask, why the sudden interest in wondering if I am a Geek or a Nerd.
The thing is, I was asked by my colleague on another term for the word: "Weird"

to be used as a term where its a sort of feeling that something is going to happen, not necessarily bad but not sure its good either.

Yeah I know, It sounds a bit "weird" but thats what my colleague asked for. The first thing that popped into my head is the term

Spider Sense, Tingling

Erk?

That triggered the question of How Geeky Nerdy Am I? Considering the fact that there are other terms that can be used for what my colleague asked. I gave her a few selection and now is on a quest to discover my nerdiness. So I took the Geek Test!


Test 1 - www.matthewbarr.co.uk

Geek Test Results

You are 50% geeky.


Not bad. Maybe you spend a little too much time with your computer, but at least you have friends. You do have friends, right?

The current average score is: 32.27%

Fact: 8.89% of people who took this test wear a bum-bag on holiday.

Test 2 - NerdTests.com

http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_nq.php

Overall, you scored as follows:
47% scored higher (more nerdy),
1% scored the same, and
52% scored lower (less nerdy).
What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

Somewhat nerdy. I mean face it, you are nerdier than about half the test takers.

Righto.... I guess I am not that nerdy. Phew?

How nerdy/geeky are you? Take the test and find out!


-Because I Can-

Digg!

0 comments: