Tuesday, March 4, 2008

On Hindsight

Ever had one of those moment where you really want something and your so called "friends" became the Devil's Advocate and keep provoking and pushing for you to buy it? Overwhelmed by jeer and challenges you would made a split second decision and purchased it.

THEN you realize on hindsight that you made the wrong decision, your "friend" has acted as any friend would. Goaded you into purchasing something that you do not need. Something that will set you back a few hundred if you are lucky, a few thousand if you are not.

Then there is the type of friend which keep going, Wah! You rich! Can buy this, buy that, buy those and buy what. Then the friend turns around and purchased something that is triple the worth of what you purchased. When you ask him/her about it, they goes; aiyo I not like you, I now no money dee, poor dee and a bunch of nonsense. Then they turn around and purchase something else. So what are they doing? Are they mocking you or are they acting as "friend" would?

On hindsight, maybe it's better off not having this kind of friend, or to take all this in strides.

I have been getting snide remarks of how many "things" that I purchased from Play-Asia. But it fail for them to notice that all this things that I purchased are small trinkets which cost a fraction of the price of whatever that they purchase on monthly basis. They also fails to see that when I purchased something, it is only one or two instead of the full set.

For this, I am glad that I had some friends which never made snide remarks of what I purchased but instead fully understand what I did is what I did. They made full purchase on certain things, on full sets of gashapons or games. Made almost monthly ritual purchase of original games. And never once show off to friends. They might goad people and make snide remarks from time to time but every time after that they will give a word of cautions and ask me to be moderate on my spending and never overspend.

For me, I really hate it when people goad others to purchase things without thinking of how the person’s financial situation is. Buy your own thing but don’t ever goad others to purchase something with earnest just to see that they can or cannot purchase something


-Because I Can-

0 comments: